The My Little Pony Fair has just announced that this year’s fair will be held in Chicago, July 9th and 10th (pre-meet and celebration dinner on the 8th). Location TBA. Also the possibility of a west coast fair! Retro Dolls US will have a booth at the Chicago fair- and possibly the west if I can swing it! Thank-you Summer and Staff for all your hard work!! It is appreciated!!
art, creative, creepy, custom, customtoy, Drawing, fashion, han solo, hansolo, jewelry, muppets, ooak, ooaktoy, painting, portrait, spooky, star wars, starwars, teeth, Toys, undead, walkingdead, yoda, Zombie
Zombies seem to be a growing trend, especially with one of the most popular tv shows, “The Walking Dead” dominating the air waves. Now you can decorate your home with some creepy cute and a few downright disturbing pieces of art!! Do you have zombie art or anything horror related you’d like to share with us? Email us for a feature at email@example.com (Subject Horror Feature)
Be sure to comment below and let us know which ones you loved!!!
First stop is etsy- great search words are OOAK (for one of a kind) and Custom Zombie.
At IttyBittyWoodShoppe you can find custom made Wedding Cake Toppers. Who says love is dead? er….alive?
FeatherStonePortrait also offers zombified portraits:
RainbowDarkCreations has some spooky cute dead jewelry
One of my all time favorite shops- ChewsBrains– her shop is currently closed until the end of the month, but here are some of the items she sells- (here is her Website- Jerzy Tattoos, where you can see ALL her amazing customs, prints, photography and tattoos!!!)
Ebay is also another great place to find zombie gear.
What is your name (and usernames)?
My full name is Thiti, you can call me Top, but I am usually known as “Toby” in such forums as I represent the brand as ‘TB-Production’ according to my name.
Where are you from?
How long have you been in the art industry?
3 years something
What got you started?
– I saw great custom transformers 3 years ago and I was pretty amazed that we people could make own toys look so cool and I thought I would be awesome if I can do it. So, I started with painting the toy with brush, then I went for spray can and it was not enough so I went for a beginner airbrush (the single trigger one). After some trials and errors, I want to achieve more beautiful work, so I went in town to buy a nice airbrush kit and since then I have been enjoying more and more to produce quality work (and that airbrush is almost broken but it works just fine for me)
What types of customs/art do you do?
– Usually toys, action figures, model kits.
What sort of mediums do you use?
?? I’m not sure about this question?? You mean what paint do I use or what channel I use to promote???
Are there any products you just can’t live without?
– Paint! Good paint for models such as Gaia paint, Mr.color–all from Japan and there’s also a local paint called “Max color” Awesome one as well!
– The toys and actions figures!
What is your most favorite custom you have made?
– Cosmic Optimus Prime
What is your least favorite custom you have made?
– There is no least favorite since each custom gives me lessons to learn and improve.
What is the worst injury you’ve had from working on customs?
– Get a cut on my finger/Get stung by airbrush needle while cleaning it.
What is the funniest mistake you’ve made while working on your art?
– Mixing enamel thinner with lacquer paint.
Who/What inspires you?
Great ideas that has not come to real yet/such movies and characters.
What projects are you currently working on?
– I’m working on Hottoys Iron Patriot and Ironman MK6 is next.
Do you have any odd habits while working on customs/art?
– no idea on this.
What types of art do you enjoy?
Painting/Sketching/ Scratch building sometimes
Do you take commissions?
– Yes, but quite selective since I do not want to excessively produce the same type of work on and on consecutively.
Where can people see your work and contact you? (facebook, da, website- give us them all)
Do you have any favorite tips or tricks?
– Whatever you do, make sure that you love it first before thinking what you are going to get from it.
What advice do you have for someone just starting to get into customizing/art?
– Do it because you love to do it, not forced to do it.